Reply to a jury summonsUse this service to
- Reply online to your jury summons
- Reply online to a jury summons for someone else
- Ask for a different date to do your jury service
- Ask to be excused from jury service
- Tell us about any extra help you'll need if you serve on a jury
Replying to a summons takes around 10 minutes
You will be able to download and save a PDF of the answers you give us when you finish.
This service is also available in Welsh (Cymraeg)You will need
From your jury summons letter:
- Your juror number
- Your postcode exactly as it's printed on the letter
- Your name exactly as it's printed on the letter
- You refuse to provide information to determine whether you or someone you’re replying for is qualified to be a juror, or
- you or somebody on your behalf gives false information to evade jury service or help another person evade jury service
Before you start
Here are some things you might want to know before you start.
You'll find more help on each page.
How long does jury service last?
Jury service usually lasts for up to 10 working days (Monday to Friday) but can be longer. During your service, you may sit on more than one trial.
How do I take time off work?
By law, your employer must let you take the time off work but they can ask you to change the date of your jury service. You can show your employer the summons letter we've sent you to prove that you're doing jury service.
What can I claim?
You may be able to claim for expenses, including loss of earnings, travel, food and drink.
Other ways to reply
Reply by post
It's best to reply online as it means we'll receive your reply sooner.
If you can't reply online, fill in the form we sent with your jury summons and post it to us in the prepaid envelope.
If you need help using a computer
You can ask someone you trust to help you reply online.
If you don't have a computer or internet access you may be able to go to your local library.
If you don't know anyone to help you, get in touch and we will tell you about other people and organisations that could help you.
How to contact us
Jury Central Summoning Bureau
Is there anything wrong with this page?